Hitendra Wadhwa is Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School, where he teaches MBA and Executive Education courses on Personal Leadership, Driving Strategic Impact and Leading from the Inside Out.
At IPL, Hitendra consults with and provides executive education to a number of organizations. Through a partnership between IPL and Columbia Business School, Hitendra was the first leadership faculty at a top school to launch an online executive education program in 2012.
Hitendra’s widely acclaimed research and teaching on leadership have been covered by Fortune, Psychology Today, BBC World Service, Inc., Financial Times, and Wall Street Journal. At Columbia, he has received the Executive-MBA Commitment to Excellence Award, the Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence, the Lear Award for Service to Students and the Most Dynamic and Engaging Professor Award.
In the past, he has been a Consultant at McKinsey & Company and the Founder and CEO of Paramark, a technology startup that was twice recognized as a Top-100 Internet Technology companies by Technologic Partners/Venture Wire.
Hitendra earned an M.B.A. and a Ph.D. in Management Science from the Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and a B.A. Degree in Mathematics from St. Stephen's College, University of Delhi, where he graduated top of his class. He can be reached at hitendra (at) personalleadership (dot) com.
Hitendra has been a pioneer among business school faculty in embracing the audio-visual medium for disseminating his teaching on personal leadership. Here are some samples.
Hitendra often writes in the business press about the science of personal leadership. Here are some recent articles:
Hitendra frequently delivers livestream talks on Personal Leadership on behalf of IPL + Columbia Business School Executive Education. These are open to the public. Sign up using the form at the end of this page to receive an update on Hitendra’s next webinar.
Here are some of his recent webinar topics:
- "How to be True to Your Self in Life and Leadership"
- “How to Succeed by Not Trying: The Power of Non-Attachment”
- “Simplicity: The Secret to Success in a Complex World”
- “Working Smarter, not Working Harder: Five Keys to Driving Strategic Impact”
- “The Power of Paradox: Unleashing Your Full Potential by Embracing Opposing Ideas”
- “Taking Giant Leaps in Small Steps: The Power of Chunking in Driving Transformation”
Hitendra selectively delivers keynote speeches at major industry and organizational events. Recent examples include:
- Keynote speaker at HR People + Strategy Annual Conference: The New Talent Ecosystem. April 10-13, 2016. Scottsdale, AZ. “The New Science of Leadership Development: Lessons from the Front”.
- Citi Learning Series, Global Livestream Event for Citibank Employees, New York. “The Power of the Growth Mindset”.
- HPE Enterprise Group HR Summit, Dallas, Texas. “Maximizing Personal Impact in Times of Change”
- GE Ventures Leadership Summit, Dana Point, California. “The Power of the Growth Mindset”
- Thomson Reuters, SPARK Leadership Conference, Dallas, Texas. “Shifting Mindsets and Behaviors to Unlock Your Full Leadership Potential”
- Bayer CropScience International Management Meeting, Berlin, Germany. “Four Mindsets for Leadership Transformation”.
- SAP, Services Organization, Global Livestream Session, Newton Square, Pennsylvania. “Maximizing Personal Impact in Times of Change”
- Business Wisdom Summit, Kiev, Ukraine. "5 Success Principles for Life & Leadership"
- Tech de Monterrey, Mexico City, Mexico. “How to be True to Your Self”
Hitendra’s work at Columbia and IPL has been actively covered in the media. Here are some highlights:
- Can One Man Save America? (Psychology Today)
- The Church of B-School (Fortune)
- BBC Interview with Hitendra Wadhwa
- Keeping the Stupid out of Mind (Strategy+Business)
- Four Little-Known Reasons Martin Luther King was an Amazing Leader, Human (Fast Company)
- Mindfulness Isn't Just for the Yoga Studio (Fox Business)
- Five Pillars of Becoming a Self-Aware Leader (Fox Business)
- Leadership Lessons from Lincoln (BFM 89.9 The Business Station)
- Yoga Meets the Boardroom (Yoga City Journal)
The comments below have been shared by participants in online IPL-Columbia Business School Executive Education courses.