This Master Class is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia.
Domain: science of people
program: DRIVING performance AND CHANGE
Spring: Session 1 - Jan. 30, 2017 to Mar. 12, 2017
Session 2 - Mar. 27, 2017 to May. 7, 2017
Summer: Session 1 - May. 22, 2017 to Jul. 2, 2017
Fall: Session 1 - Sep. 11, 2017 to Oct. 22, 2017
Session 2 - Nov. 6, 2017 to Dec. 17, 2017
Enroll Now by providing your contact details in the form on the right. Click on Proceed to Enroll to complete your enrollment.
We have limited scholarships available. Learn more
Maximize Your Personal Impact in Times of Change
Are character and personality fixed, or are they changeable? How can you change your behavior – and how can you change your people’s behavior?
When we observe how people remain the same year after year, we develop the impression that changing people is either impossible or else really hard. And yet, in today’s fast changing world, it is critical for us to change our attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors – and to lead others to effective change as well.
This class helps you understand, in scientific terms, the true potential there is to change people's behavior. It introduces you to a change framework and to best practices used by “change champions” – people who have succeeded at changing themselves and changing others. It helps you translate these best practices into a practical set of techniques you can deploy immediately to drive change in people.
Leading Change invites you to first focus on the most important person you need to change – your own self – and then helps you master the challenge of changing the people you lead. The program taps powerful scientific findings on behavior change and studies of great leaders and organizations to provide you with a rich set of insights and tools for leading your own self and your people to change.
What You Will Learn
- Mindsets and behaviors that restrict people from changing their behavior
- 5 Building Blocks for changing yourself and changing others
- How to create a Behavior Change Plan for your self
- Best practices on how to maximize your impact in changing others mindsets and behavior
- Real-world case involving the turnaround of an organization at a critical moment in history.
- How great leaders have changed themselves, and changed others.
- How to create a Behavior Change Plan for the people whose behavior you want to change
This IPL-Columbia Master Class offers you the opportunity to go on a focused 6-week learning journey to gain mastery over a particular personal leadership topic. Scientific insights and tools are supplemented with a strong dose of practice and personal integration.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Time Required: 2 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Leading Change is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.