This Master Class is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia.
domain: science of people
program: DRIVING performance AND CHANGE
Learn, Adapt and Thrive in the Midst of Uncertainty, Setbacks and Challenges
Regardless of our current performance and state of well-being, life and leadership is always a moving target. The only way to sustain personal and organizational success in a fast-changing world is by being able to adapt, rebound, learn, and navigate setbacks and challenges. We call this Resilient Leadership.
Can you proactively manage ever-changing conditions? How can you help your self and your team rebound from setbacks? Is there a winner’s path to managing adversity? How much should you fight off challenges versus adapt to them? How can you flourish in turbulent times?
Resilient Leadership teaches you specific techniques for cultivating Resilience, a key to sustaining success for all great leaders and organizations. You may start this class with the intention of learning a skill that is necessary for survival in turbulent times, but you will walk out with an appreciation of how Resilience enhances your capacity to learn, grow, innovate, adapt, influence, manage conflict and inspire change.
What You Will Learn
- Three types of responses to adversity
- The winner’s response to adversity – and a practical toolkit for cultivating it
- 5 Principles of Resilience and tools to put these into practice
- How to anticipate and respond to risks and uncertainty
- How to reframe failure into opportunity
- How to shift your mindset about challenges
- How to make Resilience a daily habit
- How great leaders have practiced Resilience
This IPL-Columbia Master Class offers you the opportunity to go on a focused 6-week learning journey to gain mastery over a particular personal leadership topic. Scientific insights and tools are supplemented with a strong dose of practice and personal integration.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Time Required: 2 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Resilient Leadership is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.