This Master Class is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia.
Building Trust at High Speed
domain: science of people
program: winning people's support
Gain Others' Trust by Cultivating a Strong Personal Brand
Trust is arguably the greatest asset a leader has to gain support for their cause and to drive impact. As our work environment becomes increasingly dynamic and diverse, one critical challenge we face is how to get people to rapidly trust us. But trust is a very intangible asset, and we often lack formal understanding of what actions we can consciously take to build trust – or which of our actions unconsciously may be eroding trust.
Building Trust at High Speed helps you understand how central trust is to your professional success. It introduces you to 5 Principles and 5 Building Blocks of trust, and trains you in a number of “inner mastery + outer impact” tools to strengthen the trust people have in you, and to accelerate the process of trust-building.
You will learn that trust-building is not simply about your behavior or communication, but also your intention and character. You will learn how critical it is to shift your mindset before you can earn the right to have your colleagues and clients repose trust in you. And you will learn that the most important person you have to build trust with is your own self.
What You Will Learn
- The value of trust in one’s professional life
- 5 Mindsets that compromise the level of trust people have in us – and 5 alternative Mindsets that maximize trust
- 5 Principles for building trust at high speed
- Assessment of your own trust-building strengths and weaknesses
- 5 Building Blocks of trust
- Specific actions you can take to build trust along each of these 5 Building Blocks
- Getting your people to trust one-another
- Video-based role-plays that will help you put your new learnings into practice and gain feedback, using IPL’s proprietary Virtual Mentor platform
- Feature film based on an inspiring real-life story of how a great leader has cultivated trust with his people and how trust has lead to remarkable outcomes
This IPL-Columbia Master Class offers you the opportunity to go on a focused 6-week learning journey to gain mastery over a particular personal leadership topic. Scientific insights and tools are supplemented with a strong dose of practice and personal integration.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Time Required: 2 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- IPL’s proprietary Virtual Mentor platform for practice and feedback
- Certificate of Completion from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Building Trust at High Speed is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.