This Master Class is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia.
DOMAIN: SCIENCE OF SELF
PROGRAM: DEVELOPING YOUR INNER CORE
Cultivate Inner Strength, Focus and Clarity - and Realize Who You Truly Are
We often forget to nurture the most important relationship in our life – the relationship with our own self. Self-Realization is the discipline that helps you develop not simply a deeper understanding but a realization of your true self. IPL’s study of great leaders reveals how core the pursuit of Self-Realization has been to them, allowing them to approach life and leadership with remarkable poise, clarity and strength.
Self-Realization introduces you to a number of powerful insights, reflections and tools through which you can pursue Self-Realization. You will be given a framework though which you can explore and re-craft your self-identity to drive breakthroughs in performance. You will learn how self-esteem shapes your motivations and behavior, and acquire a practical toolkit for strengthening it. And you will be introduced to the age-old discipline of meditation that is, today, capturing strong interest among scientists, business leaders and sports champions.
Join us for an illuminating journey where Prof. Wadhwa demystifies your “self” and opens a pathway to the space within you that has the potential to transform how you experience life, how you perform, and how you see your self.
What You Will Learn
- Scientific findings on how your self-identity influences your performance
- A 3-part framework for redefining your self-identity to maximize your potential
- How high self-esteem is good for you – and bad for you
- Four paths & practical tools for cultivating self-esteem
- The scientific benefits of Meditation
- Practical techniques and guidelines for pursuing meditation
- Insights on how great leaders have pursued Self-Realization
- Live session with a pre-eminent coach guiding a business professional, who has in his past, literally, been a rock-star, in cultivating unconditional self-esteem
This IPL-Columbia Master Class offers you the opportunity to go on a focused 6-week learning journey to gain mastery over a particular personal leadership topic. Scientific insights and tools are supplemented with a strong dose of practice and personal integration.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Time Required: 2 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Self-Realization is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.