This Master Class is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia.
DOMAIN: SCIENCE OF SELF
PROGRAM: MASTERING YOUR SELF
Spring: Session 1 - Jan. 30, 2017 to Mar. 12, 2017
Session 2 - Mar. 27, 2017 to May. 7, 2017
Summer: Session 1 - May. 22, 2017 to Jul. 2, 2017
Fall: Session 1 - Sep. 11, 2017 to Oct. 22, 2017
Session 2 - Nov. 6, 2017 to Dec. 17, 2017
Enroll Now by providing your contact details in the form on the right. Click on Proceed to Enroll to complete your enrollment.
We have limited scholarships available. Learn more
Gain Dominion Over Anger, Anxiety, Pessimism, Stress and Other Emotions
Research in psychology and organizational science has delivered a clear verdict – mastering our emotions is key to success in life and leadership. And yet, very few of us are actively aware of how our emotions influence our performance, relationships, health and happiness – and how we can gain mastery over them.
This class taps the latest insights and tools from the frontiers of psychology, psychotherapy and neuroscience to provide you with surprising insights into how emotions help you and hurt you and what you can do to gain mastery over them. You will emerge with a deeper understanding of how to shift your emotional state in real time and experience a rebound in your moods and motivation. You will learn about the pitfalls in thinking that lead us to experience disruptive emotions, and how you can eliminate these pitfalls by re-scripting your thoughts. You will walk away with a toolkit that will help you approach emotional mastery, leading to greater success and fulfilment at work and in life.
This journey into Mastering Emotions will reveal to you how the path to success – to high performance and happiness – is as much about mastering the inner forces as it is about mastering the outer.
What You Will Learn
- Latest scientific findings on how emotions help you, and how they hurt you
- The significant role emotions have played for great leaders
- The optimal state of mastery you should be striving for with emotions such as anger, optimism and anxiety
- Typical mental distortions that cause people to experience disruptive emotions
- Practical tools for how to master your emotions by changing your behavior and by changing your thoughts
- See a renowned expert on Emotional Intelligence in action, coaching a Wall Street executive on how to master workplace anger
This IPL-Columbia Master Class offers you the opportunity to go on a focused 6-week learning journey to gain mastery over a particular personal leadership topic. Scientific insights and tools are supplemented with a strong dose of practice and personal integration.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Time Required: 2 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Mastering Emotions is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.