This Master Class is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia.
Operating at Full Potential
domain: science of self
Program: Mastering Your Self
Enhance Your Physical and Social Well Being to Allow You to Operate at Full Potential
Despite our best intentions and effort, we stumble, from time to time, into significant physical and social impediments that limit us from operating at 100%.
What influence do colleagues, friends, family, community and media have on your performance and behavior, and how can you align your social environment to maximize your success? How can you maintain a high level of energy throughout the day? How can you ensure that you stay as healthy as you can, for as long as you can? What does nutrition have to do with your pursuit of success in life and leadership?
Operating at Full Potential invites you to step back from the everyday pursuit of your goals to study your lifestyle – your pattern of physical and social activities. It provides eye-opening insights into how social connections and interactions, nutrition, exercise, stress-management, sleep, and media-consumption shape who you are, who you will become, and how much psychological and physical freedom you will have to pursue your goals.
Operating at Full Potential reveals powerful new findings from science on how your lifestyle affects your energy and health, and on how your performance and behavior are unconsciously shaped by the people you interact with. You will walk away with a practical toolkit for how to successfully re-architect your lifestyle to unshackle yourself from physical and social constraints so you can operate at 100% in all your pursuits.
What You Will Learn
- Latest findings from sociology, psychology and neuroscience on how your social interactions subconsciously influence your character, personality, happiness, performance and behavior
- Practical techniques for redesigning your social environment to allow you to operate at full potential
- How your body produces energy, and which of your everyday habits increase or lower our energy levels
- The scientifically validated best practices for managing your energy levels
- Popular beliefs about health and diet – and how they can get you in trouble
- The modern science of nutrition
- How to improve your diet – without compromising on pleasure
This IPL-Columbia Master Class offers you the opportunity to go on a focused 6-week learning journey to gain mastery over a particular personal leadership topic. Scientific insights and tools are supplemented with a strong dose of practice and personal integration.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Time Required: 2 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and framework
Operating at Full Potential is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.