This Master Class is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia.
Cultivating a Winner's Mindset
domain: science of self
program: BUILDING YOUR LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
Identify and Rescript Self-Defeating Beliefs and Mindsets to Maximize Your Effectiveness
Our beliefs and mindsets have an invisible hold on us. They are powerful forces in life and leadership that can hold us back or propel us forward – and yet, since they are deeply entrenched in our psyche, we are often not aware of how they are influencing our behavior, performance and outcomes in life and leadership. For example, some mindsets make us give up easily, blind to opportunities for learning and growth, judge people and situations prematurely, be competitive with our own colleagues and partners, or unwilling to step out of our comfort zone. By replacing these with more empowering mindsets, we can bring about a powerful shift in our behavior, so that we are ever-vigilant to opportunities for learning and growth, invest time to understand people and situations carefully, forge collaborations even with those that appear opposed to us, and are emboldened to take calculated risks. This shift in behavior will then boost our performance.
Cultivating a Winner’s Mindset will help you identify beliefs and mindsets that may be limiting you from achieving your full potential in life and leadership – and learn practical techniques cultivating winning mindsets.
What You Will Learn
- How your beliefs and mindsets affect your behavior and performance
- Practical methods for identifying those beliefs that are limiting you today – and how you can re-script them
- Four mindsets that separate winners from others
- Practical techniques drawn from psychotherapy to help yourself, your team and organization shift into a winner’s mindset
- Insights and inspiration from how the winner’s mindset has been practiced by great leaders, teams and organizations.
- Business cases where the role of mindsets is explored in practical settings
This IPL-Columbia Master Class offers you the opportunity to go on a focused 6-week learning journey to gain mastery over a particular personal leadership topic. Scientific insights and tools are supplemented with a strong dose of practice and personal integration.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Time Required: 2 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Cultivating a Winner's Mindset is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.