This Master Class is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia.
Leading from the Heart
Domain: Science of Self
Program: BUILDING YOUR LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
Cultivate the Inner Virtue that Will Help You Multiply Your Impact and Build a Loyal Following
We are not typically invited to practice the quality of love in the workplace. And yet, as this class shows, great leaders throughout history have actively used the power of love to inspire and energize their people. Research is providing growing evidence that the practice of compassion, kindness, selflessness, forgiveness and service drives success in relationships, work, health and our pursuit of happiness.
In contrast to the conventional view of love as something that is experienced within one’s circle of friends and family, this class invites you to approach love in a way that has a positive effect on every relationship and interaction in your personal and professional life. You will get tools to help you put this new understanding of love into practice, and will emerge inspired and motivated to more actively pursue the path of love in life and leadership, with a set of tools to guide your journey.
One question that has bedevilled humanity since ancient times is whether or not we should forgive those who have wronged us. Beyond its broader focus on love, Leading from the Heart helps you understand the winner’s path to forgiveness as revealed by science and studies of great leaders from history.
What You Will Learn
- Precise definition of love, as it applies to life and work
- Four dimensions of love – and how the mainstream view of love contrasts with the Personal Leadership view along these four dimensions
- How great leaders have practiced love in the pursuit of their causes
- How love makes us more effective in life and leadership, how it can cost us, and how we can avoid this downside.
- Practical techniques to nurture and practice love in life and leadership.
- Costs and benefits of forgiveness – and acquire a surprising insight on how great leaders have approached forgiveness
- Practical techniques for pursuing the winner’s path to forgiveness
This IPL-Columbia Master Class offers you the opportunity to go on a focused 6-week learning journey to gain mastery over a particular personal leadership topic. Scientific insights and tools are supplemented with a strong dose of practice and personal integration.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Time Required: 2 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Leading from the Heart is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.