This Executive Program is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia. You will also earn one day of credit towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits from Columbia Business School. Learn more.
Driving Strategic Impact
domain: science of strategy
Spring: Jan. 30, 2017 to Apr. 23, 2017
Summer: May 22, 2017 to Aug. 13, 2017
Fall: Sept. 11, 2017 to Dec. 3, 2017
Enroll Now by providing your contact details in the form on the right. Click on Proceed to Enroll to complete your enrollment.
We have limited scholarships available. Learn more
Tackle strategic problemS IN A STRUCTURED, FACT-BASED MANNER that leads to high-impact recommendations.
Over the last few decades, top-tier strategy consulting firms have cultivated a unique set of skills that consistently help them deliver high-impact solutions to complex strategic issues. Driving Strategic Impact trains participants in how to drive strategic impact for their organizations and their clients, through a combination of tools, frameworks, role-plays and case studies. It is organized along the four phases of strategic problem solving: (i) Developing a Clear Understanding of Your Problem, (ii) Creating a Strategy Development Roadmap, (iii) Analyzing Data to Draw Strategic Conclusions, and (iv) Developing High-Impact Recommendations.
This program is based on the popular Driving Strategic Impact class taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa at Columbia Business School, offered additionally as a 3-day Executive Education program at the Columbia University campus in New York City. See here for more details.
Join us for Driving Strategic Impact if you want to improve your effectiveness in solving strategy problems and in becoming a trusted advisor for colleagues and clients.
The Driving Strategic Impact program is designed for executives of all levels who are looking to improve your effectiveness in solving strategy problems and in becoming a trusted advisor for colleagues and clients.
You Will Learn How To:
- Get client / organizational support for strategic initiatives
- Concretely define the scope of a strategy project
- Develop a well-structured strategic problem-solving roadmap
- Align with key stakeholders
- Rapidly move to the core issues to focus your problem-solving effort
- Efficiently gather the right information to build a relevant fact base
- Extract information from internal and external sources
- Synthesize data to drive key conclusions
- Develop high-impact recommendations
- Put your new learnings into practice on real-life strategy cases
- Manage strategy projects for maximum impact
This IPL-Columbia Executive Program allows you, over a 12 week timeframe, to build a broader personal leadership competency.
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Time Required: 3 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- Opportunity to interact with a global community of executive participants
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion (Executive Program) from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- One day of credit toward a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits from Columbia Business School.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Driving Strategic Impact is based on Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa's research and teaching, drawn from best practices in the management consulting industry.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.