This Executive Program is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia. You will also earn one day of credit towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits from Columbia Business School. Learn more.
Developing Your Inner Core
Domain: Science of SelF
We admire great leaders for their purposeful outer journey. But these leaders have engaged in an equally purposeful inner journey, where they have assiduously searched for answers to the following questions: What are my values, and what is my purpose? How can I align my life and leadership with my values and purpose? What is the right identity for me to embrace – who am I? How should I cultivate the confidence I need in the face of pressure, criticism and failure? How can I be true to my self even when the world isn’t aligned with me?
Developing Your Inner Core invites you to take the journey of a lifetime, to strengthen your relationship with the most crucial person in your life: your own self. You will learn how to operate more authentically, articulate your values and align your behavior with these values, forge your life purpose, establish a personal scorecard, build self-confidence, cultivate a winning self-identity, and fortify your wellbeing from the ebbs and flows of life and leadership.
By crystallizing your sense of self, anchoring you from within, and establishing your life direction, Developing Your Inner Core will give you the inner clarity, direction and strength you need to live and lead in a complex, uncertain, ever-changing world.
What You Will Learn
Part I: How to be True to Yourself
Operate with a natural force of character, anchored in your true self
- The barriers that limit us from operating authentically
- 5-stage path to authenticity in life and leadership
- How to cultivate self-confidence from the inside-out
- Inner vs. outer scorecard in life and leadership; the winning scorecard
Part II: Goals, Values, and Purpose
Establish an inner polestar for life and leadership
- Powerful - and surprising - scientific findings on our pursuit of happiness
- How to define your values and close the gap between your values and your behavior
- 6 stages in pursuing purpose
- 10 principles for a purpose-driven life
- Reflections to help you define your purpose
Part III: Self-Realization
Cultivate inner strength, focus and clarity – and realize who you truly are
- How social stereotypes affect your self-identity – and how your self-identity influences your performance
- How to redefine your self-identity to maximize your potential
- The benefits – and costs – of high self esteem
- The winning path to self-esteem
- Scientifically validated benefits of meditation
- Why meditation is critical to a leader’s arsenal
- Building a personal meditation practice
The Developing Your Inner Core program is designed for executives of all levels who are looking for practical techniques to acquire the inner clarity, direction and strength they need to live and lead in a complex, uncertain, ever-changing world.
This Columbia-IPL Executive Program allows you, over a 12 week timeframe, to build a broader personal leadership competency.
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Time Required: 3 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- Opportunity to interact with a global community of executive participants
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion (Executive Program) from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- One day of credit toward a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits from Columbia Business School.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Developing Your Inner Core is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.