This Executive Program is offered in partnership with Columbia Business School Executive Education. You will receive a Certificate of Completion by IPL & Columbia. You will also earn one day of credit towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits from Columbia Business School. Learn more.
Personal Leadership & Success
Domain: Science of SelF
Watch Prof. Wadhwa's introductory comments on this Executive Program
Spring: Jan. 30, 2017 to Apr. 23, 2017
Summer: May 22, 2017 to Aug. 13, 2017
Fall: Sept. 11, 2017 to Dec. 3, 2017
Enroll Now by providing your contact details in the form on the right. Click on Proceed to Enroll to complete your enrollment.
We have limited scholarships available. Learn more
We typically approach leadership as an outward-focused discipline. As a leader, you need to know how to inspire others, direct others, change others, influence others, and turn others around at times of adversity. But what if you turn that lens inward? Do you know how to inspire your self, direct your self, change your self, influence your self, and turn your own self around at times of adversity? Isn’t it critical to master this inner game of leadership before you can master the outer game?
Personal Leadership & Success will take you on a learning journey through the Five Pillars of Personal Leadership: Purpose, Wisdom, Self-Realization, Love and Growth. It is a unique leadership program grounded in rigorous scientific evidence from the fields of psychology, neuroscience, and psychotherapy, and case studies from the lives of great leaders. The program provides powerful insights and tools to help you gain mastery over your goals, values, purpose, thoughts, emotions, beliefs, mindsets and motivations, so you can operate at your best in all moments, become a more effective leader, build stronger relationships, and experience greater fulfillment at work and in life.
What You Will Learn
- The impact your inner environment has on your success
- Your current level of mastery over different aspects of your inner environment and how it compares with top performers
- A deeper understanding of your core values and how to align your day-to-day behavior and priorities with these values
- Scientifically validated principles, tools, and techniques for how to approach your highest potential in life and leadership by developing your self along the five pillars
- Personal reflections, group discussions and applications of personal leadership techniques
The Personal Leadership & Success program is designed for executives at all levels, who are searching for practical techniques to gain greater success in their professional and personal lives through an enhanced understanding and mastery over their inner environment.
This Columbia-IPL Executive Program allows you, over a 12 week timeframe, to build a broader personal leadership competency.
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Time Required: 3 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- Opportunity to interact with a global community of executive participants
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion (Executive Program) from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- One day of credit toward a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits from Columbia Business School.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Personal Leadership & Success is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
This online course is taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and Founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership. You can read his bio on the Columbia website or here on the IPL Founder’s page.