Science of People (SoP2) - Winning Support
SOP2.2 strategic INFLUENCING - (MASTER CLASS)
Win Others' Support for Your Causes
Success in life and leadership requires us to be effective at gaining the support of others. Many of us are trained in the technical mastery of our disciplines, but not in how to influence others.
This class introduces you to best practices in influencing. It teaches you a toolkit of ten influencing tactics identified by recent scientific findings, and also in five strategic principles of influence that have emerged from IPL’s study of great leaders. These tactics and principles will help you become increasingly effective at influencing others over the course of your career. You will also get a template that you can use to plan and execute influencing dialogs.
In addition, through a series of film clips, video-based role-plays and an acclaimed feature film, you will get a chance to see influencing in action and to practice and get feedback on your own approach to influencing.
What You Will Learn
- Differentiating between compliance and commitment
- 12 Influencing Tactics
- 5 Influencing Principles for sustained strategic impact
- 4-part toolkit to prepare for and conduct an influencing discussion
- IPL’s library of video-based role-plays that demonstrate poor and strong examples of influencing in practice
- How great leaders gained commitment for their agenda from a broad range of stakeholders
- Feature film that powerfully illustrates great influencing in action
Program Dates 1: Apr. 18, 2016 through May 27, 2016
Program Dates 2: Oct. 3, 2016 through Nov. 11, 2016
For large cohorts of learners from your organization, IPL offers customized learning dates and learning paths. Please inquire below.
We welcome an inquiry from you on how we can serve your organization.