Science of People (SoP3) - Connecting & Inspiring
sop3.1 power of storytelling - (MASTER CLASS)
Win People’s Hearts by Communicating Through Stories
Our ideas, aspirations and plans, however brilliant, carry no weight unless we can win over other people. Great leaders have recognized the power of storytelling to go beyond the sharing of facts and logic in winning their audience’s hearts – not simply in their formal speeches, but also in everyday conversations. And yet, storytelling remains one of the most under-tapped tools in leadership, one that most leaders have not formally tapped as a key tool for personal impact.
Power of Storytelling will teach you a powerful communication tool for organizing your strategic ideas into a compelling story. It will then train you in key principles of storytelling, show you how to build a library of powerful personal stories, and help you practice using these stories to guide, motivate and inspire others. You will walk out with a powerful and practical toolkit that can help transform your approach to communication – and your impact.
What You Will Learn
- Powerful communication tool to help organize your facts, conclusions and recommendations in a persuasive story structure
- How to use stories at work to inform, engage, persuade and build trust
- 10 Storytelling Principles for collecting, developing, adapting and narrating stories for maximum impact
- Storytelling Checklist to guide you in preparing your next story
- Opportunities to practice and get feedback on your storytelling using IPL’s proprietary Virtual Mentor platform
- Highlights from IPL’s story collection drawn from over 1,000 stories shared by past executive participants in IPL’s Personal Leadership classes – to help you start to build your own collection.
Program Dates 1: Feb. 29, 2016 through Apr. 8, 2016
Program Dates 2: Aug 1, 2016 through Sept. 9, 2016
For large cohorts of learners from your organization, IPL offers customized learning dates and learning paths. Please inquire below.
We welcome an inquiry from you on how we can serve your organization.