Science of People (SoP3) - Connecting & Inspiring
SOP3.2 INSPIRATIONAL LEADERSHIP - (MASTER CLASS)
Inspire Your People to Deliver Their Best
How do you get your people to do what you need them to do? Poor leaders command their people, good leaders persuade them – and great leaders inspire them.
Today’s employees are increasingly looking for a more authentic connection with their work. Traditional rewards-and-punishment tactics are becoming less effective in motivating employees as they increasingly look for a workplace that can provide them with autonomy and fulfillment. How can you infuse more meaning into your people’s work and inspire them to deliver their best, every day? How can you sustain this inspiration during times of turbulence? What should you do if one of your employees isn’t motivated to deliver? Can inspirational leadership be learned in the first place, or is it simply a quality some people possess and others don’t?
Inspirational Leadership introduces you to a number of powerful ways to drive employee engagement, by inspiring your people, instilling motivation from the inside-out, and helping them make their work a calling. The class is based on the latest science of human motivation, and on best practices in how great leaders have inspired their people.
Inspiration is a force multiplier for great leaders. You may only have a few people on your team, and the task ahead may be laden with obstacles, but when you lead with inspiration, you create the conditions where your people will, from time to time, rise to their highest potential and achieve their Mission Impossible.
What You Will Learn
- How inspiration and meaning drive employee performance and loyalty
- Why we typically fail at inspiring people
- 6 Principles for Inspiring Others
- Template for crafting and communicating an inspiring vision
- How to help your people make their work a calling
- How great leaders have ignited strong passion and commitment from their people even in the midst of challenging conditions
- Video-based role-play challenges to practice and gain feedback on how to motivate and inspire your people, using IPL’s proprietary Virtual Mentor platform
Program Dates 1: Apr. 18, 2016 through May 7, 2016
Program Dates 2: Oct. 3, 2016 through Nov. 11, 2016
For large cohorts of learners from your organization, IPL offers customized learning dates and learning paths. Please inquire below.
We welcome an inquiry from you on how we can serve your organization.