Science of People (SoP3) - Connecting & Inspiring
sop3.3 speaking with impact - (MASTER CLASS)
Maximize Your Public-Speaking Effectiveness by Creating Deep Resonance with Your Audience
When we take center stage – in moderating a discussion, facilitating a workshop, delivering a speech or teaching a class – we get a pivotal opportunity to shape other people’s views, build trust, cultivate our personal brand, and inspire people to action. Mastering public speaking is therefore critical to maximizing our impact as leaders. But many of us suffer from public speaking anxiety, and even those who are very confident with public speaking may not be that effective at it.
How can you master public speaking? Is there a way to tame public speaking anxiety? Are there techniques that will help you create an immediate connection with your audience, reduce the pressure you feel, and maximize your impact? How can you communicate with your audience in an authentic manner? What’s the best way to respond to disagreement or disruptive behavior from the audience?
Speaking with Impact takes you on an inside-out journey into understanding and forging a powerful and intimate connection with your audience. It bucks the conventional trend to emphasizing simply the outer language of public speaking – enunciation, tone of voice, body language and facial expressions – and instead invites you to consider your, and the audience’s, values, thoughts, feelings, beliefs and motivations. Instead of focusing on outer engagement with your audience, you will learn to cultivate inner resonance. Speaking with Impact will show you how, when you are fully integrated and connected with your audience from within, you create conditions for authentic expression, deeper engagement, and a collective journey toward your end goal.
What You Will Learn
- An inside-out framework that defines the key building blocks for audience impact
- Scientific insights into what speakers can do to make audiences engage with, trust, and support them
- Practical techniques for developing a winning connection with your audience
- Best practices on how to deal with moments of conflict, difficult personalities and detractors.
- Insights and tools for using visual communication to inform, persuade and inspire your audiences
- How great leaders have mastered their audience
- Video-based role-play practice and feedback of pivotal public speaking situations using IPL’s proprietary Virtual Mentor platform
Program Dates: To be announced shortly.
For large cohorts of learners from your organization, IPL offers customized learning dates and learning paths. Please inquire below.
We welcome an inquiry from you on how we can serve your organization.