Science of Self (SoS2) - Maximizing Your Impact
SOS2.2 SELF-MANAGEMENT - (MASTER CLASS)
Cultivate Self-Discipline, Master the Relentless Demands of Time, and Pursue Intentional Change
Even with the best of intentions, we often find ourselves struggling to pursue our priorities in life and leadership. To close this gap we need to gain mastery over our everyday behaviors and choices. This class focuses on three paths to Lead with Discipline:
- Time Management: So much to do, and so little time. This unrelenting pressure drives us to stress, distraction, rushed decisions, strained relationships, and a gnawing feeling that we’re not living up to our highest aspirations. This class eschews the usual practice of offering a wide array of time management tips and tools. Instead, it invites you to step back and take an honest look at how you approach life and leadership along 10 principles of “Managing Time by Managing Your Self.” It provides you 5 key guidelines on how to work smarter, not work harder. You will walk away with an appreciation for how the clock of life is actually on your own mental wrist, ticking on a beat that you can direct.
- Self-Discipline: Recent scientific studies show that self-discipline is at the core of success in life and leadership. This class helps you understand what “self-discipline” means and gives powerful insights into why we all find it hard, from time to time, to practice it. It gives you a set of practical, scientifically-validated behaviors and tools you can use to improve your self-discipline in any arena where it is important for you.
- Affirmation & Visualization: Recent psychological studies reveal the strong influence our thoughts and imagination have on our behavior, and thus, on our performance. This class will introduce you to a set of simple yet powerful tools – Affirmation and Visualization – to allow you to use the power of thought and imagination to create intentional change and pursue growth in life and leadership.
What You Will Learn
- Framework for how to maximize your productivity
- 10 Principles for how to manage time by managing your self
- Guided reflection to help implement these principles to help you generate immediate gains in productivity
- 5 key insights – and an associated toolkit – for how you can “work smarter, not work harder”
- Scientific findings on how self-discipline drives success in life and leadership
- Practical techniques for cultivating self-discipline
- How your thoughts and imagination affect your behavior
- Practical techniques for practicing Affirmation and Visualization
Program Dates 1: May 30, 2016 through Jul. 08, 2016
Program Dates 2: Nov. 14, 2016 through Dec. 23, 2016
For large cohorts of learners from your organization, IPL offers customized learning dates and learning paths. Please inquire below.
We welcome an inquiry from you on how we can serve your organization.