Science of Strategy (SoSt2)
Sost2 DISCIPLINED INNOVATION - (EXECUTIVE PROGRAM)
Finding Winning Solutions Through Continuous Experimentation, Learning and Adaptation
As today’s organizations face increasingly dynamic and unpredictable conditions, their leaders are struggling with whether to focus on protecting the traditional business or investing in new disruptive models; both paths seem fraught with risk. What’s needed is a fresh approach to strategy that enables agility and disciplined risk-taking, allowing organizations to simultaneously preserve what is currently working and investigate new paths where they can learn, adapt and improve on an ongoing basis. We call this Disciplined Innovation.
This class will introduce you to a set of practical insights, tools and best practices to finding business solutions that are continuously monitored, improved, adjusted or fast-failed, so you can evolve your organization from a “business as usual” culture to a disciplined innovation future. You will learn how to develop adaptive strategies, accelerate learning, make midstream corrections and maximize value capture.
Disciplined Innovation is based on a range of consulting, coaching and training projects done by IPL’s senior faculty with Fortune 100 healthcare and technology companies, and pioneering work done by Prof. Wadhwa at Paramark, a Silicon Valley startup he co-founded and led in the past.
You Will Learn How To:
- Apply 5 Principles of Venture Capital to drive disciplined innovation at work
- Surface and shift limiting mindsets and beliefs that inhibit innovation
- Define project objectives in a way that maximizes strategic flexibility
- Identify key strategic risks and unknowns
- Develop adaptive strategies that enables agile response to different future scenarios, and reduces downside risk
- Design & execute rapid low-cost experiments
- Understand the difference between “smart” and “dumb” failures
- Extract key strategic insights from projects
- Manage projects with both a “business agenda” and a “learning agenda”
Program Dates 1: Apr. 04, 2016 though May 28, 2016
Program Dates 2: Oct. 31, 2016 through Dec. 23, 2016
For large cohorts of learners from your organization, IPL offers customized learning dates and learning paths. Please inquire below.
We welcome an inquiry from you on how we can serve your organization.