Science of Self (SoS3) - Building a Leadership Foundation
Sos3.3 LEADING FROM THE HEART - (MASTER CLASS)
Cultivate the Inner Virtue that Will Help You Multiply Your Impact and Build a Loyal Following
We are not typically invited to practice the quality of love in the workplace. And yet, as this class shows, great leaders throughout history have actively used the power of love to inspire and energize their people. Research is providing growing evidence that the practice of compassion, kindness, selflessness, forgiveness and service drives success in relationships, work, health and our pursuit of happiness.
In contrast to the conventional view of love as something that is experienced within one’s circle of friends and family, this class invites you to approach love in a way that has a positive effect on every relationship and interaction in your personal and professional life. You will get tools to help you put this new understanding of love into practice, and will emerge inspired and motivated to more actively pursue the path of love in life and leadership, with a set of tools to guide your journey.
One question that has bedeviled humanity since ancient times is whether or not we should forgive those who have wronged us. Beyond its broader focus on love, Leading from the Heart helps you understand the winner’s path to forgiveness as revealed by science and studies of great leaders from history.
What You Will Learn
- Precise definition of love, as it applies to life and work
- Four dimensions of love – and how the mainstream view of love contrasts with the Personal Leadership view along these four dimensions
- How great leaders have practiced love in the pursuit of their causes
- How love makes us more effective in life and leadership, how it can cost us, and how we can avoid this downside.
- Practical techniques to nurture and practice love in life and leadership.
- Costs and benefits of forgiveness – and acquire a surprising insight on how great leaders have approached forgiveness
- Practical techniques for pursuing the winner’s path to forgiveness
Program Dates 1: May 30, 2016 through Jul. 8, 2016
Program Dates 2: Nov. 14, 2016 through Dec. 23, 2016
For large cohorts of learners from your organization, IPL offers customized learning dates and learning paths. Please inquire below.
We welcome an inquiry from you on how we can serve your organization.