Tata Communications wanted us to infuse Personal Leadership tools and techniques into their new leadership competency framework, for their top leadership forum comprised of 245 globally-dispersed leaders, cutting across diverse cultures and functions. Their desired outcome was that these leaders would then be able to effectively foster a culture of collaboration within their teams.
Our challenge was to build a custom program that would help these leaders shift their mindsets and behaviors, and give them the skills required to create a more collaborative culture. The program needed to have a global reach and provide a unique blend of in-person workshops, webinars, group coaching and digital learning opportunities.
We were asked to design an experiential learning journey that would help these leaders:
- Bring back clarity and focus within and across teams
- Drive development of processes and resources
- Forge alignment and commitment
- Coach their teams to engage in constructive conflict
- Inspire accountability and ownership
Working closely with Tata Communications’ CEO and CHRO we conducted interviews and focus groups, reviewed 360 diagnostic assessments, and used this information to create a customized and structured year-long learning journey for these leaders. We designed a program that drew on our work and research on the Five Pillars of Personal Leadership, Power of Storytelling, Mastering Emotions, Mastering Difficult Conversations, Strategic Influencing, Success Principles for Life & Leadership and High Impact Decision-Making.
The learning journey included:
- In-person workshops in North America and Asia-Pacific
- Self-paced digital learning experience on IPL's platform, Mentora®
- Interactive live-streamed webinars on key topics, that were spaced out through the learning journey, acting as milestones to drive momentum, resolve participant questions and increase interaction with IPL faculty